You might feel faint at the thought of holidaying with reusables, but with a bit of preparation and our top tips your little one can have a cloth bum almost anywhere.
Packing and Travelling
- A lot of parents swear by reusables whilst travelling as they’re pretty poonami-proof so you wont have to attempt a full outfit change on an aeroplane or in a layby
- Stuff your nappies before travelling to save time
- Packing cubes are great for keeping nappies and wipes organised.
Washing and Drying
- Take a large nappy bag to store the dirty nappies in (easier to travel with than a bucket!)
- Take pegs and a clothes line – essential for getting them dry especially if camping or going to a festival
- Villas and self-catering accommodation with a washing machine undoubtedly make things easier and holidays in the sun mean you can dry your nappies outside
- You can hand-wash nappies but make sure to give them a good machine wash when you get home
- Write down what you use on a daily basis and work out your packing list from there, taking into account availability of washing machine/laundrette, and how easy it will be to dry your nappies (if you’re going somewhere hot then drying outside will be a breeze)
- If it’s a beach or pool-side holiday your little one will be in their reusable swim nappy a lot of the time so you’ll get through fewer nappies
- Remember, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing – lots of mums take as many cloth nappies as they can and then switch to single-use when they need to.
We’d love to hear your top tips – just pop them in the comments.
If you love learning about reusables, there are always tips and hacks in our community - join our community on Facebook